Monday, November 24, 2008

California Auto Insurance Cancellation?

(My Original Blog Post: http://www.latesttrendsguide.com/?p=309)
electronic insurance
How soon after an insurance company cancels an auto policy for non-payment will they report that cancellation to the dmv? I understand the electronic notification, but how quickly will the insurance company actually notify the dmv that the party is no longer covered? I have yet to receive a notification from dmv and my policy was cancelled 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, I was involved in an accident (my fault) and although I provided a copy of my policy info, I found out later that I was not covered at the time of the accident. I had the policy Rewritten the day after the accident (a different policy number). The other party reported it to their insurance, although we agreed to settle with cash & no insurance. They are requesting me to file an SR1 file. What do I do? The info I provided had good dates of coverage on it but I found out later that my policy had lapsed. Do I submit an SR1 with the old info or new info? Will my license be suspended now??? IM DESPERATE!

By: EO

No comments: